Friday, April 13, 2007

Kimkins introduction

Hi! My name is Amanda, I'm 27, and I have 2 kids. I accidentally stumbled across Kimkins today, when a girl on my cake decorating forum showed off her pictures of her losing 20+ lbs in a month. Well, obviously she was grilled about how she was so successful, and she pointed us in the direction of this site. I've done all kinds of research on it today; looking at the blog, and at what others have to say, and I have to say, I'm intrigued. I have been on a weight loss rampage since September, and I have only lost 16 lbs (which the last 3-4 keep yo-yoing up and down), and so needless to say, I'm frustrated. The first 12 weeks, I was eating about 1200-1400 calories a day, and trying to work out, but I'm much too busy for that. Well, when I only lost 10 lbs, I decided to buckle down. I got into a program that does the whole "eat lots and lots, and exercise lots and lots", and I wasn't happy. I was miserable forcing that much food down my throat!! After 2 months of that, and working out 6 days a week, 1.5 hours a day, I gave up. I threw in the towel, and sat on the couch for the next 2 weeks; and lost 5 lbs! I was totally frustrated! How do you lose weight when you GIVE UP?! I couldn't understand, but the high calorie food thing didn't do it for me. SOOO, I'm willing to give Kim a try for the next 12 weeks. Obviously, I can't keep doing what I was; it wasn't working.

So, I joined up today, and I have been looking around, I love most of the recipes posted, and I'm totally excited to get started. I found on the blog site them talking about the Boot Camp, but I can't seem to find it here on the website; does anyone have any idea where I can find more information on that? It would be greatly appreciated. Also, I want to start on Monday, so I have the weekend to plan out my meals, clean out my cupboards and cabinets, and prepare myself mentally for this journey. Are there any meal ideas for the first 5 days (no veggies)? Any other hints and tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Sorry this turned out to be so long winded!

No comments: