Monday, April 23, 2007

April 23, 2007

Hey, I'm so bad at making daily posts; stuff will happen, and then days will go by when nothing happens, and it hardly seems worth mentioning! But, I thought I would start this, just to have a place to put my random thoughts in order, maybe help me some.

I am really proud of myself this week! Today marks the beginning of my second week on Kimkins (I did KE for the entire first week), and on Saturday, me and my family went to Six Flags, and I was soooo tempted by everything there; ice cream, and pizza, and it all smelled so good, and I didn't cheat at all!! I kept reminding myself of the domino effect, and how I had struggled all week to stay on the right path, and how I was already 6 days in, and if I cheated, I would have to start all over! That thought ALONE kept me from taking a bite of my daughter's ice cream, or stopping to buy something else I would regret later! Its so easy to give in and not think of the consequence of something that you do, but when I did stop to think about it, and you have to think "I have to start over! WHen I Cheat, I'm pretty much hitting reset, and starting all over" You realize, its sooo not worth it. You know what that ice cream tastes like; its not like its going to change while you are getting to where you need to be. And soon, in 2 or 3 months, when I am to where I want to be, then an occasional indulgence will be allowed, but not now. I've had too many indulgences in the past, and now I am paying the penance for them.

No comments: