Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 2

Well, exercise has been a bust for the last 2 days. Yesterday, I was so busy, running around; it always seems to take longer than I anticipate when doing stuff like that, so your running around crazy trying to get it all done. I got home from the plasma center, and typed up a story I had been working on; by then, it was time to take my daughter to dance, and then it was 7, and time for dinner, and I didn't even think about it ONCE! Ha.

Today, I had to work at the clinic, and boy, was today a rough day. I walked in to the new that my coworker, a girl that I went to high school with, was on her way to work, was taking her trash out of her house, walking down the sidewalk, when she slipped and fell (I"m assuming it was icy) down the stairs, and broke her leg. Well, obviously she wasn't coming in to work, and she equals like 3 of us, so we were all running around work today. Later on, we found out she had broken her femur in 2 places, spiral fractures, requiring surgery for pins and rods. Can you say, not coming to work for a while?? Wow. Everyone is stressed at the sudden loss of our best and most experienced pet nurse. We are all scrambling to make up her shifts, and so they are going to be pulling me in to work extra shifts.

So, needless to say, I am tired today, but I'm always tired after working the clinic. Its a lot of standing around and struggling with animals, trying to make them be still so we can stick a needle in their jugular and draw blood, and most of them outweigh my children. So, can I count that as a workout? 8 hours on my feet, practically nonstop? I mean, yeah, I had time to sit down and scarf down a bunless turkey burger, but man, does my back hurt after days like today.

And I'm making the kids dinner, and I just really really want a bite of that mac and cheese. Please, don't do it! I will regret it as soon as its all gone!!

No comments: