Saturday, December 1, 2007

December

Wow, December already. I can't even believe it. Shoot, I couldn't believe it on Tuesday when I was looking at a calendar, and realized Saturday was going to be the first. This year, especially the last few months, have been really hard on us, and I'm still hoping for the best for some semblance of a Christmas this year.

I was thinking about it in the shower this morning; actually, I'm always thinking about it, how I'd like to get back on the wagon and continue my weight loss, and lose the rest of this weight hanging on me. I have a workout plan all written down and ready to go; now I just gotta do it. But I was thinking this morning, about how some people might put it off; well, its about to be Christmas, and I know I'm going to eat the bad stuff at Christmas, so I'll just wait for the new year before I start. I say, WHY?? As far as I'm concerned, there are 25 days between now and Christmas. Christmas is 1 day, not a whole month. And, Yeah, I'm going to eat me some pumpkin cheesecake, and dressing, and sweet potatoes for Christmas dinner. But that's it. And, its in 25 days. I should be able to lose at least 10 lbs in 25 days, right? So, I am going to put this in writing, and hope that this makes me more accountable. I've also joined the December challenge, and as it is a Saturday, and its really hard to start things on Saturday, I am hoping that I will post there every day my status. Regardless of good or bad. and, of course, I'll post here, too. But, my goal is to start my workout calender MONDAY. No more stalling; that sucker's been written out for at least a month now. It's HIGH time I put it into good use. Also, starting Tomorrow, since I've already screwed up today, and I need to go to the grocery store tonight anyway, I am getting back on the low-carb wagon. I've been checking out all the recipes, and that flax muffin looks like it might be a lifesaver for breakfast mornings; before, when I got tired of eggs, all I could think of was protein powder mixed with ice and coffee. Not very fulfilling, very long.

So, here it is. My plan for December. Starting tomorrow, I'm low-carbing it. Starting Monday, I'm working out according to my workout calender I've already made for myself. Today, and tomorrow, I am going to spend more time working on food ideas; Monday, my husband starts back at work on second shift, so not only do I have to adjust to making dinner for just me and the kids, but also need to figure out what I'm going to make. In the past, when its just been me and the kids, I make them the kid stuff, mac and cheese and chicken nuggets, and then end up not making myself something, so I have work on that. I definitely need to make up some stuff to have on hand to heat and eat, for sure.

Here's to a weight-losing December.

ETA: Start weight, 179 lbs

No comments: