Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Still day 3

So, I feel like a complete and utter loser. And not the good kind, the one that's losing. The kind that makes all the B choices, from Lyndyn's DT. I consciously made the choice to eat a bad dinner. I had a good hour to talk myself out of it, but I was so miserable all day. I didn't go overboard; I didn't eat chocolate, or candy, or ice cream, but I did eat something that I shouldn't have, and now I feel ... desolate, I suppose. Its just that feeling that I can't win this fight, this will always be me, because I can't even convince my own body that it doesn't need any of that stuff long enough to lose all this weight. And I know, I keep thinking about Daniela's words about how there are no "Cheat" meals, this has to be a way of life, and I know, that eating 2 pieces of pizza with the thinnest crust that could be hammered out without ripping is not the end of the world, but I still failed. I'm not quitting, I'm still going to get up tomorrow, eat my eggs and turkey sausage for breakie, eat my turkey burger for lunch, and my salmon for dinner. But it is still very disheartening to stumble so early in the game.

One thing I learned while doing kimkins was how easy it was, in the beginning, for me to lose; all I had to do was just eat the meat. And then, another thing I learned, as I lost more weight and became sort of comfortable in my skin for a moment, and started cheating, was that cheating, or eating carbs, doesn't really harm me all that much. I am not carb sensitive. Thats why I have been able to go the past 6 months without gaining; until the last month, in which I've gained 4 lbs above my ticker weight. Not bad for someone who ate like it was her last day on earth. And that is what I need when I go on a diet; I need to learn moderation. It honestly doesn't matter what I eat; as long as I don't gorge myself on whatever it is. But the low-carb way was easy for me to lose weight, and its easy not to gorge yourself on something when your practically sick of it anyway. Plus, the ketosis thing is a great appetite killer. So, the problem is, I know what I need to do. The question is, can I do it.

No comments: