Saturday, May 19, 2007

May 19, 2007

Well, I have had a stressful 24 hours. Thursday night, on the way home from work, the car broke down on my husband. He was pretty much down the road from the house. So, he comes home, and we are already late to something we have to get to that is out of town, so we leave the car on the side of the road. When we come back, the car is gone. We called the police, DPS, and Sherrif's office to see if any of them towed it; none of them had a record of it being towed. OMG, someone stole our car!! So, we file a stolen vehicle report, we call the insurance to file a claim, only to find out that our insurance is deficient in this category of vehicle problems (this wasnt' suppose to be this way, we are required by the bank to have this insurance! So basically, we are screwed). Well, after spending all day Friday stressing out over this, the sherrif's dept calls us Friday night about 7 to let us know they have located the car, and its at a wrecking yard, and we gotta go pick it up. So, we call the wrecker, and get the answering service, and the only time we can pick up the car is 3. WEll, My husband has to work today, so guess who gets to do it by herself?! Not to mention the fact that the reason it was on the side of the road to begin with was because it was broke down. NOT TO MENTION the fact that they charge like $150 a day fine until you pick up your car. First of all, I don't have the money to get the car out; second of all, its not running, and so I have no freaking idea how this is going to play out, but its REALLY got my blood pressure pumping high today; needless to say I woke up with a migraine. On the bright side, I'm down another 3 lbs this week.

Saturday
Ok, so I went to get the car out, $300 down the tube I didn't have. IT was basically out of gas, so I put gas in it, drove it to the parking lot across the street, and sat and waited for my husband to get dropped off by some very nice person he works with Wink. The ordeal is over, but the car is still ready to keel over any minute, so it does need shop work, so we are going to have to learn to use 1 car again (its a pain, jon has to go to work before 630, and then the kids go to school at 730; geeze, with the gas the way it is, its hardly worth driving back home and then going back for an hour. Luckily, there is only about 8 days of school left, so I guess I will bring a book and sit in the car for a week). Hopefully, we can come up with the money to fix the car. I wish it really was stolen (except for the insurance thing, which, by the way, we fixed the minute they told us they found the car).


No comments: