Tuesday, January 22, 2008

End of day 1

Day 1 under my belt.

I don't even know what to post, either, I guess I'll just post what I'm eating and doing, and any comments are welcome.

So, a little bit about me, first, since this is sort of my first post. I'm 28, I'm married, will be 9 years Feb 27; I have 2 kids, girl who will be 8 in March, and boy who turned 6 in September. I work 2 jobs on top of all that; by day, I am a vet tech at a local veterinary clinic; by night, I am a tutor/housekeeper/chef/mom/wife/medical transcriptionist at home. And I rarely have free time to myself. My work at home is punctuated in the mornings by getting kids ready for school, breakfast, and getting myself ready for other job; at night, it is punctuated by coming home from school, homework, dinner, getting ready for bed and school/work the next day. My husband works nights for now, so the nights that don't have the added stress of kiddos extracurriculars, I am taking hubby dinner. So, needless to say, I sort of have a schedule down, otherwise things wouldn't work.

So, today, when I arrived home 40 minutes late from my first job, I barely had time to change clothes before the kids got home and I was to begin my second/third jobs. We did homework, baths, dinner, took dinner to dad, and I also worked. I hate to say it, but I want to be totally honest on here, and I didn't get a workout in. And I hate to use the excuse, I didn't have time, because I maybe could have squeezed something in during that time I was sitting doing nothing, getting ready to transition myself from one task to another. But, I will not spend any of my time beating myself up that I failed or that I wasn't able to do it right or anything like that. I'm human, this is my LIFE, not just some drastic temporary change, so setbacks are going to happen. I just REALLY hate that it happened on day 1.

So, breakfast was a protein shake, snack was a mixture of cheese and nuts, lunch was tuna salad wrapped in romaine lettuce, and dinner was balsamic glazed Mahi-Mahi with garlic broccoli. I really want some hot chocolate right now (my weakness), but I still have to get myself in the shower, and go to bed before I crash ;). See you all tomorrow.

No comments: