Monday, January 28, 2008

So, working late at the clinic today, which is weird for me. I usually open and leave by 3; today I didn't go in until 11 and stayed till close (7ish). I was able to get up, fix my dinner, my lunch, do my workout, take a shower, get ready and go! today was a little hectic, hubby had planned overtime, so I needed someone to take my daughter to dance, but my sister came through for me. Went over to that girl's house after work and sat and chatted for about an hour; it was nice. Tomorrow is going to be stressful, I can feel it.

I actually almost had a disaster for lunch today, though. I was planning on making tuna salad to wrap up in romaine leaves; I had the leaves all washed up and packed up, and the veggies cut up that I put in my tuna salad, and then I scoured the pantry; could not find any tuna!! WHAT?! So, I figure, its ok, I'll go next door to work and get some there, so I went ahead and put in the sauce and all that for the salad, and then when I went next door to get the tuna, they didn't have it! They had the "lunch to go" kits with the crackers and the relish and the mayo packets, but that wasn't enough tuna, and I just wouldn't be able to throw away the crackers, lol. So, I bought some lunch meat and cheese, and was walking out of the store, and the girl who broke her leg was sitting there in her car, waiting on me lol (I'm the one who helps her in and out of her car when she comes to work). Because the day was so dead, she wasn't staying, but she needed me to follow her home to help her get out of her car there, since her parents were already gone. SHE HAD SOME TUNA, lol, and gave me some for lunch. So it ended up working out, even though I didn't think it was going to.

BTW, its hard to think up something on the fly for lunch that's low carb!

No comments: